Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Armor Bearer

So this morning I was reading and I started thinking about the armor bearer. It is amazing to me how they give up their life for the one they serve. How they lay down everything and follow their every command...to the point of death.

Somehow, in my random thinking I started to consider the passage in Ephesians 6 about the armor of God. And I must say, I am puzzled and challenged by the idea that perhaps, my job is to put on the armor of God on a daily basis...to the extent that the armor bearer did...to the point of death. Now now, I must say, rather admit, that this is just Pam's random thinking. But I personally feel the challenge to:

wear truth, strive for righteousness, bring peace, carry faith, and live salvation to the point of death. Kinda weird. Kinda scary. something to think about.

No comments: