Monday, February 12, 2007
This lead me to the conclusion, that I am this way with God too. It is because I am forgiven that I am inclined to forgive others, and do so, but I am often feeling like I need to do something for his forgiveness, even though I know the verses and like the back of my hand that say he has forgiven us, not by our works, but by his grace, like they have been imprinted on the back of my hand...i don't live it really... it seems like when I think I am getting good at accepting grace, I find myself back in my old routine of earning or trying to earn again. Thankfully there is grace. As I hear God say to me..."Good morning Pam, remember today, you will mess up, you will sin, you will judge others, you will become frustrated and act out of your frustration...but my Grace, it is sufficient, and it is already given to you, so don't go and set about doing things to earn my approval or make me happy, I am already pleased by just being with you."
Hmmm. a bit puzzling isn't it. Grace. I wonder if I will ever get it. It really is a phenomenon to me.
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
After home group you come home to find Gary and Judy returned from Nairobi, and share with them all of the days events and get one more gift.
People head to bed, and the house becomes quite, and you realize you have reached the end of the first day of your 29th year and you are overwhelmed with emotion. You realize the many gifts God has given you, the places he has taken you, the friends and family he has blessed you with and you can't help but think you are the most blessed gal in all of the world.
You then become more thankful when you realize it isn't over, you have belated birthday dinner down the street at Pam's house with her family... an event that will surely be delicious and unforgetable!
Monday, February 05, 2007
There were a few differences in my first superbowl in Africa:
- No chips n salsa (very sad I know)
- I couldn't take it and looked up the score first thing this morning...thus I knew who won before kickoff this evening!
- I was surrounded by non-hoosiers!
- No Commercials!!! So very sad, but apparently the re-run satellite version cuts out the good commercials and puts in the European ESPN commercials...they were pathetic.
- Since I was in Africa, there aren't any celebrations in the streets, as I am sure there were in Indy...most here don't even give thought to American Football.